Friday, July 14, 2006

You're... One Ugly Muthafucka

(1)

This photograph of Walter Gerash appeared in an article in the April 1998 issue of Chess Life. I was a subscriber at the time, and when I opened the magazine to this photograph I thought, 'There is no old fool like an Old April Fool!'

Gerash is a notorious self-promoter and Denver public figure, and I was used to seeing him on local TV in his role as 'flamboyant local attorney.' But 'flamboyant chess player?' Hardly.

This must be his 'war face.' He must have practiced this face until he'd got it just right (tap). This is Walter Gerash at his ugliest, and he's even uglier on the inside.

The article which accompanied the photograph is equally revealing and I will quote it in its entirety, then do a 'psychological profile' of Gerash based on the article and on what I know about him.