Friday, June 30, 2006

Guess Who I Am

(4)

In the beginning, TF was satisfied with eavesdropping: he used one of Kathy's Jewish 'friends' to install an eavesdropping device (infinity transmitter) on our telephone. That was back in about 1977 or before (many taps from above as I write this, which I ignore). This was part of TF's 'information acquisition mode.' (Remember: at this early stage, TF was still learning about us as a family.)

But later, as TF observed our consternation about 'single rings' of the telephone, he he (tap) formed the idea of 'hangup calls.' ('Hangup calls' won't work nowadays, but they worked back then, before the era of 'caller ID'.)

TF used hangup calls mostly to inform: that is to say, TF used hangupup calls as a way of conveying odious information: 'I know your number and I am interested in you. Guess who I am. Guess what this means to you.'