Friday, December 15, 2006

The Week That Was

(1)

What a week (thump). Sleep deprivation seems again to be the guiding principle this week, and as a result I got only 3-5 hours of sleep per night. The good news is that they use RF (thump) radiation instead of gas. More good news: in spite of very little sleep I have been kicking ass on the 'Comcast chess board' all week. Of course, the competition is generally in the 'beginner' range, which accounts for my success.

It is very important for a tournament chess player to get adequate sleep. Back in the 'old days' when I still played tournament chess, I had trouble getting enough sleep on nights before tournaments. I chalked it up to 'pre-tournament jitters,' but I am sure nowadays that harrassment from above played a role (tap). I eventually developed a 'pre-tournament routine' which was designed to get maximum sleep the night before: 1. Go to bed early. 2. Eat lots of salty stuff on the night before (this inhibits night-time urine production). 3. Sleep late. It pretty much worked.

Nowadays, the only way (thump) I can get a good night's sleep is to booze it up. I have not yet tried the alternative: spend the night in a motel. The obvious reasons? Booze is cheaper and more fun.

1504 and Kootch just notified me that 'Fish is ready to fry.' (She has done the dirty work of scaling, washing, and salt-pepper-flouring. My job will be to fry it. Bye...)