Thursday, June 30, 2005

(4) Kootch Corroborates Not

As I was making my way down the stairs the male opened the door and tried to engage me in conversation. I made a pithy and appropriate comment to him and left the scene to await the arrival of the ACSD. Sure enough!

After speaking with the folks upstairs the two officers knocked on my door. I let them in and showed them the voice recorder, which was on. I asked them whether they had any objection to me recording the conversation. They had no objection.

I admitted to kicking the door. I explained why I had done it. I denied threatening the (son of a bitch) who answered the door. There followed a long conversation wherein I explained my theory of what was going on. I mentioned Walter Gerash's name and accused him of hiring the folks upstairs to harrass me. I did not mention the gassing, preferring to keep it all as simple as possible. The officers explained their position: call the ACSD, don't kick the door.

Once they were satisfied that I was not in the mood to do something violent to the person upstairs they asked to speak to Kootch. One of the officers looked familiar. Possibly he had been here before. Possibly he knew I had a wife. I explained that it was not a good idea to bother Kootch during her beloved Bronco game, but that I would risk it in view of the fact that I had some ready protection at hand. The cops asked Kootch whether she could corroborate my story about noise from above. Kootch replied (obviously guessing), 'Running?'