Monday, June 27, 2005

(5) ---------- A Very Creepy Situation

It was true. Some months previously I had been examined by a female urologist at one of KP's downtown Denver facilities. I have forgot her name, but she was Jewish. During her exam she discovered a mild case of 'balanitis.' Her exact words were, '... balanitis well controlled...' She later offered to 'cure' the balanitis with circumcision. I declined her generous offer. It was to her that I had made reference.

Massey stood up. I thought the 'session' was over. Massey said, 'I'll be back in a few minutes.'

I waited at least five minutes. When Massey returned he was much more cooperative. He agreed that I should have some tests done. He suggested that those test be done that same evening at their downtown facility. I replied that the tests were not quite that urgent. I would be happy to arrange for an appointment. Massey wouldn't hear of it. He suggested that I be driven downtown by ambulance that very evening.

The alarm bells in my head went off about here. I stood up and informed Massey that I was leaving. He continued to talk like a crazy person about the need for immediate tests. I walked out of his exam room only to find a security guard standing watch at the door. I asked the guard if he had any objection to me leaving the building. He had none. I headed for the front door with Massey and the guard in tow. They kept up a constant chatter as I left the building, urging me to reconsider and go downtown in their ambulance. It was a VERY creepy situation.