Tuesday, June 28, 2005

(1) ------------ Destination: Looney Bin

To make a long story short, the cops believed Massey, not me. I was not arrested or charged with a crime, but I was tied up in the ambulance and driven to another Kaiser (I think) medical facility. There I was put 'under watch' by a security guard for a couple of hours, then interviewed by a female 'psychologist,' then later a Jewish physician. I remember needling the physician during the interview with, 'Are you Jewish by any chance?' His exact reply was, 'I might be. I might not be.' The Jewish doctor left the room soon after, saying he would be back to finish the interview, but he never returned.

I was then shipped downtown in another ambulance, destination: Looney Bin. I was admitted to the looney bin and spent the night there. Either at the looney bin or at the previous holding facility I was allowed to call Kootch and explain why I was late for supper and where she could find her car parked.

Kootch picked me up at the looney bin the next afternoon. On the drive home I told her that, 'I'm gonna have to buy a voice recorder.'