Monday, June 27, 2005

(4) ------------Jewish Doctors

I've forgot whether I chose Massey or whether he was the only physician available on that late afternoon. But it would be my first and last encounter with doctor Massey.

I tried to explain to Massey why I was there: I was wondering whether I was being poisoned by the gas. 'What gas?' 'The gas the neighbors were using against me.' 'Why would they do that?' 'They were working for a stalker who had for years been using the occupants of the apartment above to harrass me.' I was attempting to explain the unexplainable. Not only that, I was trying to explain it in ten minutes. I can't blame Massey (more heavy gassing as I type this) for being skeptical. 'Who was the stalker?' 'Walter Gerash.'

I asked Massey whether there were some tests, maybe blood tests, which Kaiser could do to detect whether or not I was being poisoned. Massey was very uncooperative, very skeptical. I could see that he was not going to be helpful. As the interview drew to a close I became somewhat exasperated. I asked Massey whether or not he was Jewish. Massey replied in the negative.
I then told him, 'I don't have much luck with Jewish doctors; the last one I talked to wanted to circumcise me.'