Thursday, June 23, 2005

(6)----------Presken Goes Poof--------------

Presken handed me a sheet of paper with the referral number on it. Then she said something like, 'You mentioned gas coming up through the floorboards. What did you mean by that?' I replied that I had said no such thing. I further replied that I had said nothing even close. I then advised Presken that I could prove it by replaying my record of our conversation. I then pulled out my voice recorder and showed it to her.

Presken then asked me to turn off the recorder. I refused. Presken then suggested that the recording was done illegally and '...could never be used in a court of law.' I replied that my understanding of the law in this regard was that the recording was legal so long as at least one of the participants (in this case me) knew that the conversation was being recorded. I replied furthermore that I had no intention of using it 'in a court of law.'

The good-looking nurse remained silent. Presken then asked me directly: 'Do you think that other people are trying to cause you harm?' I was flabbergasted by her sudden insight. I said, 'Yes!!'

Presken then seemed to become very concerned for those folks who might be trying to harm me. She said, 'Do you have thoughts about harming those people?' Touched by her concern I replied, 'No.' Presken then asked me whether I had thoughts about harming myself. Again I answered, 'No.' I may have added, 'And if I did I would never be stupid enough to tell you!'

This ended the exchange for all practical purposes. I offered to give her my website address in case she was interested in reading about our little encounter. I handed her a card with the address on it. She returned it immediately with, 'Not interested.'