Friday, September 08, 2006

The Definition of Madness

(1)

Been a while since I visited 'Enough...' and recent events have suggested that I return for a post or two. The problem is Gerash. Apparently he feels a kind of uncontrollable rage when I include The Russians in a game of C-III. This rage tends to explode in the form of Gerash beating his head (or something) against the walls upstairs. Gerash is very expressive in this regard. When his rage reaches the 'breaking point' he stomps the floor above me. I suppose that sort of behavior serves as a kind of 'safety valve' (tap) during such stressful times.

It is difficult for relatively normal folks like us to imagine such a scenerio. But people are strange, and strange people are very strange. It is difficult for us to imagine someone eavesdropping on another person playing a video game and becoming outraged by the fact that the player of that game selected as an opponent the ethnic/cultural nation of the eavesdropper, knowing in advance that he (the player) will eventually destroy that culture/nation (tap) if only in a symbolic way in a video game. Difficult. The word, 'madness' comes to mind in such circumstances.

As someone who has actually spent some time (about 4 days total) under observation in a mental facility (courtesy, by the way, of Gerash and his surrogates), I know how strange strange people can be. So I 'understand' gerash in that limited sense. Gerash is 'asleep.' Gerash is a 'mechanical being' who lives his life as a sort of sleepwalker (Ouspensky). Gerash is impaired (tap). As a 'Christian-Buddhist' sort of person I should feel empathy for Gerash. Really. I am not being ironic here.

Now therefore, I publicly renounce (boom) the right to include Russia among my opponents in C-III. By the way, I am working on a series of screen shots of C-III for the sole purpose of inducing you to try this gloriously addictive game. The problem at the moment is that my photographs do not do justice to the superb graphics. I'll work on it. It might be ready by next week.

Back to Scratchpad.